Do you ever come away from a conversation thinking, well that wasn’t the response I was expecting?
Do you ever find yourself listening to someone, summarising what they’ve said only to see a confused look on their face that clearly tells you that wasn’t what they meant at all….?
Ever wondered why
At Loving Monday we’ve been working with individuals and organisations for many years now challenging, developing and measuring behaviour in order to increase engagement levels to drive performance and profit.
This experience lead us to develop our ‘DNA of Engagement’ model. The ‘DNA of Engagement’ starts with ‘the dialogue you have with others’. It’s about the conversations you have and your ability to develop positive engaging relationships.
Your ability to lead, manage or develop engagement is all about understanding that engagement is about ‘being’ engaging and not ‘doing’ engagement. And by developing the skills, knowledge and confidence to take the ‘employee’ out and put the ‘person’ back in.
If engagement starts with conversation, ask yourself a question:
‘When you’re having a conversation, what ‘voice’ do people hear?’
Think about its role in the dialogue you’re having during that conversation and therefore how ‘engaging’ you’re being:
Wouldn’t it be great if you knew the answer, wouldn’t a lot of the confusion that we all feel at times when communicating just ebb away and the dialogue we’re having be more engaging? Imagine if you knew what voice people were hearing because you knew what voice you were using. Imagine the benefits, professionally and personally, that you would experience if you could really understand and master how to communicate successfully in all the different situations that life throws at you.
At Loving Monday we’ve recently become one of a handful of accredited VoicePrint coaches. VoicePrint is a personal profiling tool that lets you visualise and understand the way you talk, how you’re heard by others, and the impact that you have.
VoicePrint profiles how you use 9 different voices, helps you understand the impact that each can have and find out how often you use each. For us it links perfectly with our work with managers and leaders, helping them understand how the ‘voice’ they use effects their ability to engage others and how this then translates to both individual and organisational performance.
For us it links perfectly with our work with managers and leaders, helping them understand how the ‘voice’ they use effects their ability to engage others and how this then translates to both individual and organisational performance.
VoicePrint has a number of benefits to employee engagement:
- It provides you with insights that enable you to create specific development activities which improve your influence and impact with all of your important stakeholders, ultimately increasing your performance
- It helps leaders understand the impact they are having on the engagement of their team and what they can change to improve performance, engagement and commitment
- It helps managers understand and make the changes to their communication and behaviours
- It helps members of staff in customer facing roles improve the customer experience through improving their dialogue and engagement
Our VoicePrint programs can be used in a number of ways:
- Completion of a personal VoicePrint self-perception profile: This enables you to assess your own behaviour in terms of how you talk
- Completion of the VoicePrint 360: Highlighting the corroborations and contrasts, between your view and others
- One to one feedback, coaching and creation of your unique development plan: To inform and guide the development of practice in this uniquely important area of engagement
- The Group Profile: Which provides clues into both the internal dynamics of the group, the workings of its discussions and its impact on the world outside and its reputation
If you’d like us to help you or your teams understand more about how what ‘voice’ they use effects the dialogue they have, and their ability to engage others to drive performance, then drop us a line.